Friday 24 December 2010

CAESAR US MARINES IRAQ 2003 1/72

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I would start on a festive note.This was for GEM's competition,but as I didn't read the email correctly I can enter a different work, which is great because the lighting on these pictures are crap.
These are from Caesar modern US infantry, its the first time I have tried US infantry so here's how it turned out.
 The figures were painted with Iraqi sand and Russian uniform green for the webbing with camo colours added.I used Brown earth and DAK tank crew highlight for the uniform cammo.
I tried to do an African/American soldier and used Brown chocolate for the skin tone.
 The base was made use florists foam covered in Vallejo dark mud effect, and paint Vallejo dark sand.The door and lintel is made from plywood and the knocker(Oh err) from putty and a bit of florist wire.
The usual sand and PVC glue method for the ground.Then a shed load of weathering pigment from MiG,sand,dry mud and concrete.
The "Jersey barrier" is from GEM and a very nice bit of kit it is too.It is made from resin and you get four in a set.
Well there you go a very quick if not rushed dio.
I am pissed of about the lighting and should have waited for the sun to put his hat on.Not even photo shop can fix it.I am happy with the webbing,I managed to get the green cammo looking OK.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW, ANY COMMENTS ALWAYS WELCOME!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL.

Cheers from Rich,  Claire, & Alex.

8 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Another good n´even if the photos are a bit dark
I wish you luck with the comp at Gems and a merry X-mas...
Cheers
Paul

Dux Homunculorum said...

Looks good to me mate -Merry Christmas.

Paul said...

This looks spot on mate, I think the lighting is all right. Maybe add some white plastic supermarket bags that litter the landscape in this region.

Well done and Merry Christmas!

Bartender said...

It seems fine to me. All you need is a CNN logo. Merry Christmas!

mork6969 said...

Great work! Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2011!

GEM Team said...

Nice Work Rich. I will expect your entry very soon. Mean while even if the picts aren't what you expected I would very pleased to post them in my blog on the gallery. So send me a mail with the pics please.
Merry X-mas mate

Al said...

That's an awesome dio

Thanos said...

Very realistic Rich!!!
Well done mate!!!
T.