Tuesday 11 January 2011

CAESAR PHILISTINE WARRIORS 1/72.

 Hello all,

This is my foray into the ancient world.Seen as thought I am still rough as a badgers arse still and can go nowhere near my paints here is some work from over the Christmas period.

For donkeys or when I was a kid the only ancient sets around was the ESCI Romans & Barbarians.The Airfix sets, well I am not that old were not around so I never really got into anything pre 1939.


 These lads are from Caesar's Philistine warrior's, I know NOTHING about ancients so I wont pretend to know either!I know that they were armed with shields,swords,spears and BEARDS!!!!!!
I have a thing about beards,I only trust three people in the world.One Brian Blessed,two The Blackadder and three Chuck Norris!Everyone else sporting a beard is evil.It's like they have something to hide.Evan my father is is not the trust list.
Anyway back to the figures.
It took a few scans of the Caesar's gallery to see how I should tackle them.I have to say once I had cleaned them in the Mr muscle tank, Caesar figures are a joy to paint.It took me ages to work out the best way and laziest way to degrease loads of figures in one hit.Caesar figures are covered in the bloody stuff.
They have some very interesting sets from different wars from ancient times, so it is a nice change to learn something new.Well you there is only so many WWII Germans you can paint!I do like the idea of chariots, and I do have one from ages a go to post so expect that in the very near future.These were a joy to paint, nice raised lines to follow and a lot of action poses for a good old fashioned battle dio.

I surprisingly own a large collection of ancient figures but have never really got into painting them.That might just have to change!Don't worry I am not leaving the modern world, I have plenty more of them as well. 

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW & COMMENTS OR TIPS ALWAYS WELCOME......even if you do have a beard!

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

5 comments:

Bartender said...

I wish I had a 6 pack like that :(
Great flesh tone-stunning sand job! Everything blends in nicely :)

Paul said...

Lovely work. The skin tone is spot on. Well done and I hope the badger gets his arse back soon.

Regards Paul

Thanos said...

I am very happy that my lord (Blakcadder) is in your ''trust'' list!
The painting effect on these nice figures by Caesar is very nice Rich, I like them very much!
T.

mork6969 said...

I like them. Great work and a nice Topic.

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Excellent work