Monday 2 May 2011

UNDER FIRE MINIATURES SELOUS SCOUTS "INSURGENT DRESS" 1/72.

 Hello all,

Just to prove that I still doing modern blokes, here's a couple of Rhodesian Selous scout, dressed for operations deep inside enemy territory.
There is a hell of a lot of pictures so I will not waffle on too much about two blokes and there is something on telly I want to watch will a nice glass of rum!

I do like these figures a hell of a lot.A very unusual subject, very well sculpted and a joy to paint.
I am more than happy with the shading of this figure an in fact it only took me an hour to knock him out!He turned out much better than I thought he would.
Strangely I wasn't to sure what colours to paint civvy fighters.I am used to camo or plain fatigues.

 The picture I based this one on, has the blokes face completely blacked out to try and look like an African soldier.I did not feel brave enough to try that but you never know, one day!
This fellow looks a bit to yellow.He could almost pass as a Cuban!
I was thinking of giving him an olive green hat or jacket,still not sure.
 I am happy with the sepia wash that I gave him but it still screams YELLOW!!!!!!
Again its a great pose and will look great patrolling through the African bush with the others.
 I tried a different way of paint the AK47 this time.I started with a gunmetal base, then a black wash followed by a dry brushing of gunmetal again to high light the working parts.
Here's a picture of the next two blokes in the painting queue.The south port is wearing shades so that could be interesting.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS OR TIPS ALWAYS WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

7 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I like both of them, but the "cuban" is my fave...as you say great pose...and a great paint job.
Cheers
paul

Paul´s Bods said...

HELP!!!!! I´ve just noticed Fran has joined you as a follower!!!! :-D

GEM Team said...

Hi Rich nice figs.
I've selected you for the stylish blogger award.

Anonymous said...

great shading mate, excellent painting technique.

Al said...

Well ainted Rich, highly original topic

Thanos said...

As Paul said, I like the 'Cuban' a lot!
Great work there Rich. Don't know much about the era, but I can tell when sth is painted well!
T.

Paul said...

Nice couple of fighters. If you black out the face I have noticed that it looks totally overdone and rather shiny.

Keep them coming!