Thursday 1 September 2011

More 1970's British SAS Dhofar 1970's 1/72.

Hello all,

After surviving camping in the wild west of Dorset on a bank holiday weekend (Rain), I managed to get some more reading done on "Storm front".A stonking read on a great subject.
 I was determined to crack on with this era and plan to expand it, if my bid on EBay goes to plan!
I was glad to read that the British government did not want to be seen to getting involved so they didn't always wear standard uniform so it gives me a bit of lea way.
I am not sure about the boots looking right but they did wear desert boots in Oman because the standard  boots couldn't cut the mustard.Most of the pictures I saw int eh book was of the FN having brown furniture.
Again a good dusting of Tamiya weathering powder gives a good dusty in the field look.I thought the green fatigues would have been out of place but the book said that the terrain had green areas at different times of the year and the pictures all show them in green, so I will not argue.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW, AND ANY COMMENTS OR TIPS WELCOME.

Cheers Rich.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Looking good Rich.

The uniforms could be mixed up a little more with lighter shades, tending to a lighter brown look.

All SLR's/FN FAL's at this time had the wooden furniture so they are spot on.

Well done.

Alois Nebel said...

Very well done Rich. Each new figure from you is better than the previous. I like your painting style.