Thursday 20 October 2011

New Airfix WW2 British officer 1/72.

Hello all,

This is fresh from the postman and out of the box.I have to admit I am not that impressed with the sculpting of the set but to be fair Airfix have been out of the game for twenty years so they are no Zvezda.It took me back nearly thirty years though opening the box, the familiar spruce layout and the figures are very "Airfix" in style.I hope they improve the sculpting because they have knocked some stunning sets like the DAK and 8th army boys.
I only did the officer, all I had time to knock out.

The base I had already done and is the normal MO.

The features are a bit flat and need a bloody good de-greasing.

All in all I am  glad they are back so I hope they keep trying!

PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANT COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

5 comments:

Paul said...

I think that the style is very Airfix myself. Only a few sets were crackers and like you say they have been out of the game for a while.

Super work on the painting. Lots of conversion possibilities I think.

The tighter uniform could almost be passed off a jungle green denim uniform for the far east.

Well done Rich

Nick Grant said...

I think he looks, to quote a phrase from back in the day, fab!

Nick

Dan said...

Any chance of posting pics of the rest of the set?

west1871 said...

Cheers lads,

I think they are okay I have seen worse.
If you copy and paste this link to a thread on benno's, someone has psted pics of the whole set.
http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9000

Cheers Rich.

Al said...

Great, I must have them