Saturday 27 October 2012

Trumpeter Challenger II NATO w/dozer blade 1/72.

Hello all,

Back with some more modern heavy armour from Trumpeter! And being British its a bit of a favourite. I really like the the fact that this kit has a dozer blade for clearing obstacles and road blocks. I would guess this was aimed at the Kosovo conflict an era not commonly covered by this hobby.
This kit was knocked up a while back and posted on Benno's forum, because I am trying to catch up with a few duels that I have on at the moment. Now the "plague" has left the west house hold I can try and make up some time.

This painted using a can of Humbrol 86 light olive and watered down Vallejo flat black. The light olive is a great colour for modern British armour and trucks.

This is another great Trumpeter kit, it went together like a dream.

For spraying I would recommend doing in it in three section before final assembly, turret, chassis and upper body.

The blade is movable and could be modelled buried in the earth removing a road block.

This is certainly a monster of a tank as most modern tanks are, but with the blade its huge!

One of the benefits of Trumpeter kits is the fact they have moulded the gun barrel with a hole in it and in one piece.

The usual weathering techniques have been employed, Tamiya weathering powder and MiG pigments.

The only  down side is the lack of opening hatches!!!! I wish they would give you the option of having them open or closed. I have a small but very nice CMSC AFV crew that would look the nuts in the beast.
A brilliant kit that will go well with my other Chally 2 and with an luck I will finish some more soon!
I just wish they would do a scimitar/scorpion as well, the ACE kit looks a right pain in the arse and the Airfix kit to small.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

11 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Cracking build. The photo of it coming towards the camera is very effective,
Cheers
paul
PS..how come your FIGZ thing gadget still works? Mine went bust yonks ago.

peter said...

Excellent build and painted model Rich!

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

Daisy Gowan Ditchburn said...

good work it sure is a beast

Al said...

Nice mate, agreed, Trumpter make really good kits

west1871 said...

No idea mate, I put it on ages ago.

west1871 said...

Cheers mate.

west1871 said...

Thanks mate.

west1871 said...

Cheers Al, pricy but worth it.

Thanos said...

Nice work there Rich! :)

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Nice work Rich

mork6969 said...

Very nice! Modern Tanks aren`t my favorite ones, but your work here is outstanding!
Where is the "I like"-Button when needed...